If you have questions regarding referrals for low-cost veterinary care, service/support animal information, or other resources, please visit the PAWS Resources section of our website.
PAWS is dedicated to supporting people with disabling HIV/AIDS, other disabling illnesses, seniors 60 and older, and their animal companions so they can remain together. However, due to limited resources and the ever-growing need for our services, it is necessary that prospective clients and their companion animals meet the following criteria:
- San Francisco residents
- Gross income no greater than $1850 per month
- Diagnosis of disabling HIV/AIDS, other disabling illness, OR Seniors age 60 or older
- Each client will receive assistance for up to two animals only.
- Except for rare cases in which the animal’s health prohibits surgery, all PAWS animals must be spayed or neutered before they can be activated as a PAWS client.
- Due to our concern for the animals, and because of potential health hazards for our clients, PAWS will not cover any animals who are under the age of 6 months, amphibians or reptiles.