Due to the unique services that PAWS provides to the community, the waitlist reached capacity and is currently CLOSED. We are not able to take new referrals. Please check this website for updates.
If you have questions regarding referrals for low-cost veterinary care, service/support animal information, or other resources, please visit the PAWS Resources section of our website.
PAWS is dedicated to supporting people with disabling HIV/AIDS, other disabling illnesses, seniors 60 and older, and their animal companions so they can remain together. However, due to limited resources and the ever-growing need for our services, it is necessary that prospective clients and their companion animals meet the following criteria:
- San Francisco residents
- Gross income no greater than $1850 per month
- Diagnosis of disabling HIV/AIDS, other disabling illness, OR Seniors age 60 or older
- Each client will receive assistance for up to two animals only.
- Except for rare cases in which the animal’s health prohibits surgery, all PAWS animals must be spayed or neutered before they can be activated as a PAWS client.
- Due to our concern for the animals, and because of potential health hazards for our clients, PAWS will not cover any animals who are under the age of 6 months, amphibians or reptiles.