Shanti is an equal opportunity employer:
Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- We embrace the Shanti model of peer support, which advocates listening, speaking, and acting from the heart in service to other people.
- We create relationships based on the Shanti model that are actively demonstrated by mutual respect, positive regard, non-judgmental behavior, genuineness, acceptance of differences, empathy, and intention to be of service.
- We acknowledge the unique value that each of us contributes to the success of Shanti, and we respect each other as individuals.
- We assert that mindful, honest communication accelerates, enhances, and enriches our potential as individuals and as an agency, and we are committed to listening to each voice.
- We celebrate diversity as a strength, and we encourage learning from others who may be different from us. We provide a safe place for diversity to flourish.
- We share in this community of Shanti as an inclusive agency; we also respect that at times we each need to set boundaries without fear of being cast out.
- We take pride in our commitment to our work and we honor the generous gifts of time, energy, and humor that our colleagues bring to our mission.
- We affirm that each department and program at Shanti acts as a pillar that supports an architecture of compassion.